SI Full Form is Sub-Inspector, a rank used in the Indian Police. He is generally in command of a police station. A sub-inspector ranks above an Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) of police. The rank insignia for a sub-inspector is two stars and a red and blue striped ribbon at the outer end of the shoulder bands.
Table of contents
- What does SI stands for Police?
- Step by step instructions to become Sub Inspector of Police
- Could Sub Inspector become SP?
- What is the height for SI?
- Would i be able to become SI after twelfth?
- Is graduation necessary for SI?
- Other Full Form Topics
What does SI stands for Police?
He is the most reduced positioned official who under Indian Police rules and guidelines can record a charge sheet in court, and is normally the primary researching official.
A SI is the accountable for a police headquarters where the individual is posted and is likewise answerable for the organization of that police headquarters and for keeping up the peace in his locale. The obligations of a SI are referenced in Indian police goes about just as in state acts.
A sub-assessor is the lower-positioned cop who can record a charge sheet in court and regularly goes about as a first examining official. SI has the ability to explore all cases under the locale of his police headquarters. Notwithstanding, he can’t research the cases that are allocated to senior cops like DSP or CID. He goes about as an extension between the prevalent cops and constabulary underneath him.
Step by step instructions to become Sub Inspector of Police
The competitor should be alum from a perceived college or instructive board in India. The alumni up-and-comers are needed to show up and clear the SI assessment that is directed by the Staff Selection Commission.
The up-and-comers initially need to clear the Physical Endurance Test after that they become qualified for composed assessment and subsequent to clearing the composed test and need to show up in the meeting and go through a clinical assessment.
Forces of a Sub Inspector (S.I) when the individual in question is posted as Office-in-Charge (O.C):
- To scatter any unapproved assembling of at least five people that may upset public harmony
- To capture any individual under areas 41 and 42 Cr. P.C.
- To examine any cognizable offense without the Magistrate’s organization just as to capture an individual who is associated with a cognizable wrongdoing under Section 154, 156, 41 (1a) Cr. P.C.)
- To look through any property or house during the examination identified with a cognizable wrongdoing client segment 165 Cr. P.C.
- Ability to forestall the execution of any cognizable wrongdoing and capture any individual identified with this under Sections 149, 151 Cr. P.C.
Obligations of a SI when posted as Officer-in-Charge of a Police Station:
- To guarantee the powerful working and the board of the staff subordinate to the person in question
- Keep up the harmony and anticipation and location of wrongdoing
- To keep up the records and registers in the police headquarters under his ward
- To gather and impart contributions on all issues identified with public government assistance.
Could Sub Inspector become SP?
Qualification to become Police Officer
On the off chance that you are focusing for SP/ASP/DSP, you should clear IPS assessment. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is another power that leads the enlistment test for Sub-Inspector of Police in a few states.
What is the height for SI?
For, Sub Inspector in CBI, the minimum physical requirements is: Minimum height should be 165 cms for males whereas it should be 150 cms for females (There is an exemption of 5 cms for hillmen and tribals) Chest should be 76 cms without expansion though no such requirements has been prescribed for women candidates.
Would i be able to become SI after twelfth?
To become SI after twelfth, do graduation and afterward clear tests which are directed for enrollment into central or state police. No, you need bachelor’s degree as least capability.
Is graduation necessary for SI?
This examination is known as SSC CPO SI exam. This examination is done for selecting interested candidates for sub inspector post in central police organization. You must have passed bachelor degree in any streams from a well reputed college. You should be between 21 – 25 years of age.
Thanks below sites for some of the above content
- What is the Physical Requirements and Process of Medical Test for
- Full Form of SI in Police (India) | FullForms
- SI Full Form – javatpoint