BTC Full Form is Basic Training Certificate. It is a certification program. Candidates who have completed Bachelor’s Degree are eligible to pursue this course. This training program caters to the needs of teacher training sector.
The course is offered at the Certificate Level. It is a full time course of 2 years. The course is basically for those candidates who have interest in starting their career as primary teacher. It is a career-oriented course. It is a 2- year certificate course which helps the candidates to work as the primary teacher in government schools after completing the course.
They can apply in any of the government schools to work as Assistant Teacher. Basically, in every state, there are institutions which are offering BTC.
The tuition fees by average for Basic Training Certificate comes between INR 8,000 to INR 1.3 Lakh for the span of two years.
Admissions for such course are on the basis of counselling after clearing entrance tests like University of Delhi and other depending on the colleges.
Major Job profile and designations for these graduates are Nursery teacher, Elementary school teacher, Primary level teacher, Secondary and Higher Secondary level teacher, Special education teacher or Assistant professor Etc. Graduates with this degree have opportunity for the industries like Nurseries, Schools, Special Schools and Colleges are common places.
Table of contents
- What is it about BTC? BTC Full Form
- How is Basic Training Certificate (BTC) Course Beneficial?
- Admission Process
- Some Institutes/Universities conduct their own entrance exam for admission in BTC.
- Major areas for them to work are:-
- What is basic training certificate? BTC Full Form
- What is the qualification of BTC?
- Which is better B Ed or BTC?
- Is BTC a diploma or degree?
- How can I become a BTC teacher?
- How can I get job after BTC? (BTC Full Form)
- Other BTC Full Forms
- How is Basic Training Certificate (BTC) Course Beneficial?
- Other Full Form Topics
What is it about BTC? BTC Full Form
Basic Training Certificate (BTC) Course helps one in becoming a teacher. Teaching is said to be an art, which can be gained by a series of activities.
The role of 21st century teachers is evolving everyday with technological revolution seeping into all spheres of life including education. The emphasis on early childhood education has given rise to the demand of skilled nursery or Montessori teachers.
There are diverse job opportunities available in this field. Some of the well-known advantages of teaching profession are-
- Respected profession in the society
- Chance to aid in Nation building
- Financially rewarding
One must have a post graduate degree in a particular subject if he/she wishes to become secondary and senior secondary teacher.
Basic Training certificate (BTC) is two year diploma certificate program. The topics covered in the course include procedures and policies designed to train the aspirants.
The students pursuing the course are taught about teaching skills, attitudes and behaviors and other aspects that they need to know for the successful performance of their basic tasks.
Proper development of students can be ensured only by trained teachers. Teacher instill in the students proper values and principles. Teaching job is full of responsibilities and challenges. Years of training is pre-requisite for becoming a good teacher. A teacher plays an influential role in the lives of students.
How is Basic Training Certificate (BTC) Course Beneficial?
- After passing this course students can become a teacher in government primary schools.
- Second, some of the students can have teaching jobs in private coaching centres and as tutors on their own.
- Next, they can have administrative jobs in school, labs and the like other set-ups.
- It is also beneficial for lectureship as they get a good base here regarding teaching.
- Students should be a graduate pass or its equivalent
- Admissions are conducted according to the rules and procedures formed by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) and the state governments concerned.
- The admission process of course is on the basis of the marks that are obtained in the 12th class examination.
- Admissions are conducted according to the guidelines and rules set by NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education) and government concerned
Some Institutes/Universities conduct their own entrance exam for admission in BTC.
BTC (Basic Training Certificate): Career Prospects
After completing BTC, candidate has scope of becoming a teacher. One can teach students in any primary school and in this field your salary will also be good. Salary of primary school teacher is approximately INR 19,500.
There is huge scope of employment for B.T.C. degree holders. Majority (around 70%) of the population of India live in villages where the state of primary education is in abysmal state. As per the policy of the Government, primary education is one of the thrust areas and very large number of primary schools will be established as an on-going process where B.T.C. qualified teachers will find employment.
The candidates with BTC can work as Primary Teacher in Government Schools. However, they can also work as teacher in private schools as well as in coaching centers. They can also begin their career as tutors. Administrative jobs are another good option for them. Basically, there are a number of job opportunities in Schools, Colleges and private coaching centers.
Major areas for them to work are:-
- Government schools
- Private schools
- Coaching/Private tuition classes
- Day care centres
- In the above mentioned work setups, BTC. Professionals may do roles such as –
- Assistant Teacher
- Student Counselor
Private coaching and tuition classes are forms of self-employment available in front of elementary teachers.
Nurseries, Schools, Special Schools and Colleges are common places where one may find a job. One may also start own coaching centre or work for one. Educational consultancies are also known to hire teachers.
BTC is a job oriented teacher training course. If you are interested in teaching at a higher level, you may check out this list of teacher training courses.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to such graduates are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
Main topics covered in the course are: Principles of teaching, psychological basis of child development, physical education and music, moral education, curriculum analysis, education evaluation, community education and health education, teaching methodology, class room teaching etc.
What is basic training certificate? BTC Full Form
Basic Training Certificate is a two-year certificate level education course which is recognized by NCTE, Government of India. BTC is a mandatory training certificate required for those planning to teach in govt. primary schools. The main aim of the programme is training teachers for imparting primary education.
What is the qualification of BTC?
The eligibility criteria for the BTC course are: The candidate must have passed the 10+2 exam in any stream from a recognized university. Some colleges fix a minimum mark as an eligibility criterion such as a candidate has to pass the 10+2 exam with a minimum of 50% mark to get admission to a particular college.
Which is better B Ed or BTC?
On comparing B. Ed is too better than BTC since BTC is a trainee period in which a candidate teaches up to primary schools mainly student up to class 8 but in B. Ed a candidate teaches from senior classes as IX to XII, so B. Ed is more better in terms of salary and knowledge.
Is BTC a diploma or degree?
BASIC TRAINING CERTIFICATE-BTC
The Basic Training Certificate Course or in short BTC is a Diploma course/training program of two-year duration and formed by the Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board for the applicants who have a desire to become teachers at the primary school levels.
How can I become a BTC teacher?
To become an Assistant Teacher a candidate must be graduate in any discipline and s/he must have completed two years’ duration DLEd (earlier BTC) / Special BTC / Urdu BTC special training or after qualifying two years BTC Shiksha Mitra UPTET / CTET qualified.
How can I get job after BTC? (BTC Full Form)
For BTC, you must have pursued graduation or its equivalent according to rules of NCTE. After completion of BTC exam, one is eligible for teaching in government primary schools. Also, beneficial in lectureship. For BTC, you must have pursued graduation or its equivalent according to rules of NCTE.
Thanks for the below sites for some of the above content:
- Basic Training Certificate, BTC Course, Eligibility, Syllabus
- Basic Training Certificate – BTC, Syllabus, Eligibility, Duration
- BTC Course: Details, Colleges, Admission, Eligibility, Fees
- What does BTC stand for? – Abbreviations.com
Other BTC Full Forms
- BTC – Biotechno Trade Centre
- BTC – Belmont Technical College
- BTC – Behavior Tech Computer
- BTC – Bermuda Telephone Company
- BTC – Bates Technical College
- BTC – Blood Transfusion Centre
- BTC – Birmingham Terminal Company