What Does Account Mean?
The meaning of the word varies, depending on how it’s used. It’s defined as a noun, a verb (used without an object), and a verb again (used with an object). Let’s take a look at a few of the definitions of the word that appear for different parts of speech.
Table of contents
- A report or description of an event or experience.
- A record or statement of financial expenditure and receipts relating to a particular period or purpose.
- Consider or regard in a specified way.
- Prepare or present a record an account of money given or received.
Is Acct short for accounting?
As per Purdue University, the shortening for “accounting” is “ACCT.” Sometimes all capital letters are utilized, however punctuation is constantly included. The accounting field utilizes a few contractions for terms normal to the profession.
Does ACC mean account?
Actually” and “Account
ACC is widely used online and in text messaging as a straightforward abbreviation of the words “Actually” and “Account”
What does bank account mean?
A bank account is a monetary account kept up by a bank or other monetary foundation where the monetary exchanges between the bank and a client are recorded. A client may have more than one account.
What are the 3 types of accounts?
3 Different types of accounts in accounting are Real, Personal and Nominal Account. Real account is then classified in two subcategories – Intangible real account, Tangible real account.
What is accounts in simple words?
Accounting is the way toward recording monetary exchanges relating to a business. The budget summaries utilized in accounting are a compact rundown of monetary exchanges over an accounting period, summing up an organization’s activities, monetary position and incomes.
Synonyms of Account
Some of the synonyms of the word account are as follows:
- The man gave an eyewitness account of the crime.
- The book gives a fictional account of history.
- John would like to open a bank account.
- She finally paid off his account balance to the IRS.
- Please charge your account.
- Don’t put a stop on my account.
- There has been a huge loss of livestock on account of shortage of food and water.
- Statistics show that heavy vehicles account for a large number of accidents.
- Your a/c xxxxxxxxxxx has been credited.